LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Jan. 10, 2017 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, today announced Zebra SmartSense™ for Retail asset visibility solution, an Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI) offering that delivers deeper visibility into retail operations, provides better business insights and enables smarter decisions.
This innovative solution combines UHF RFID, video and a new micro-location capability — to identify and track the journey and location of merchandise, associates and shoppers in a retail store in real-time. A powerful edge analytics engine analyzes data from these sources to provide intelligent and actionable insights to achieve optimal stocking levels, detect and identify misplaced merchandise or assets, pinpoint theft and enhance store promotions and product placement activities.
- SmartSense for Retail provides complete visibility of the entire store with up-to-the-minute location information on tagged inventory, employees and customers who have opted into the network or loyalty application.
- An intuitive dashboard and centralized management console provides operational, actionable data to support greater inventory accuracy (near 100 percent), successful omnichannel operations and asset protection across the entire enterprise.
- Knowledge of merchandise location helps associates quickly respond to customer requests, whether in-store or via omnichannel store pick-up. With SmartSense for Retail, retailers can also quickly locate lost merchandise, proactively prevent theft and ensure best-selling items are always on display during peak shopping periods - which can increase store sales by up to 20 percent.
- Location intelligence also helps retailers track the journey of a piece of merchandise, including items that are at risk of being stolen.
- Subject to applicable legal requirements, knowing the location of employees helps retailers match the right associate and expertise with the shopper, increasing the likelihood of a sale and satisfied customers.
- SmartSense for Retail also helps track critical employee assets like handheld RFID readers and mobile computers, helping retailers quickly find lost merchandise and equipment.
Bob Sanders, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Data Capture Solutions, Zebra
“In today’s omnichannel world, product availability is critical. Many retailers have in-store inventory visibility challenges, with perpetual inventory accuracy running at about 60 percent. This is simply not adequate to deliver a consistently satisfying customer experience. Successful retailers need to use every store and supply chain resource to immediately deliver what customers want and need. With Smart Sense for Retail, brick and mortar retailers can gain visibility that’s truly visionary - helping them immediately locate merchandise and respond to customer requests, while reducing missed sales opportunities.”
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Industry Analyst Contact:
# # #
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2017 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.