LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Feb. 22, 2016 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced that it has appointed Jeff Schmitz as senior vice president and chief marketing officer, effective immediately. Schmitz assumes responsibility for the company’s marketing strategy, programme development and tools needed to create awareness, consideration and preference of the Zebra brand globally. He replaces Juliann Larimer who is now vice president of North America Sales for Zebra.
· Schmitz will be responsible for elevating customer centricity throughout the organisation, using analytics and insights to deliver superior customer experiences and measurable business results.
· Since 2009, Schmitz served in growing levels of responsibility for Spirent Communications including general manager of Networks & Applications, chief marketing officer and most recently, executive vice president. In these roles, he helped Spirent successfully navigate key industry changes including cloud computing, big data analytics and the Internet of Things.
· While at Spirent, Schmitz also drove multiple acquisitions and integrations that strengthened Spirent’s offerings related to mobile device management, automation and cybersecurity and helped to enhance the customer experience.
· Prior to Spirent, Schmitz served as senior vice president of Sales and Marketing at Rivulet Communications, a medical imaging company; vice president of Marketing & Product Management at Visual Networks, an enterprise software company; and Tellabs, where he concluded his 16 years of service as senior vice president of Global Marketing.
· Schmitz holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Marquette University and a Master of Science in Computer Science from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.
Anders Gustafsson, CEO, Zebra Technologies
“We’re excited to add Jeff Schmitz to our executive leadership team, particularly given his strong track record in introducing new innovation and technology to elevate the customer experience and increase sales and marketing effectiveness. Jeff has excellent subject matter expertise in technologies that are highly relevant to Zebra and our customers, including the Internet of Things. I’m looking forward to seeing the creative new initiatives he will bring to Zebra and our customers.”
Jeff Schmitz, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Zebra Technologies
“I’m thrilled to join Zebra Technologies. Zebra is at a unique intersection of evolving customer needs and emerging innovative technologies. This role represents an incredible chance to identify new business opportunities and deliver customer experiences that surpass even what customers and partners have come to appreciate from Zebra today. Zebra is poised to further build on its solid foundation of providing operational visibility and trusted expertise in the industries it serves.”
Website: Zebra Technologies
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.