NEW YORK - Feb. 16, 2016 – Fast Company today announced its annual ranking of the world’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, honoring leading enterprises that exemplify the best in nimble business and impactful innovation. Earning a spot on the Sports sector list this year is Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions.
As the NFL’s “Official On-Field Player Tracking Provider,” Zebra Technologies and the NFL have partnered to use Zebra Sports Solution to track high-speed game data and convert it into real-time, usable statistics. The Zebra Sports Solution leverages the same patented RFID tracking and location solutions technology that Zebra implements for multinational corporations in healthcare, retail, manufacturing and transportation & logistics to help them make more informed business decisions with visibility that’s visionary.
- During the 2015 NFL season, players were tracked in more than 330 NFL games, beginning with the pre-season through the Super Bowl. This is up from the 130+ games tracked last year.
- All 31 NFL stadiums, as well as Wembley Stadium for the International Series and the Aloha Stadium for the Pro Bowl are now outfitted with the Zebra Sports Solution.
- Each player has two RFID chips embedded in his shoulder pads that track speed, distance, acceleration, player orientation and change of directions on the field. The sensors on players track vital stats indoors and outdoors to within six inches.
- This solution enables the NFL to gain real-time insight into the action happening on the field of play, feeding “Next Gen Stats.” Zebra’s solution was also deployed for the College Football Playoffs this year.
- Most Innovative Companies is one of Fast Company’s most significant, highly anticipated editorial efforts of the year. The magazine’s editors spent a full year gathering and analyzing data on companies around the globe to produce the 2016 list.
- For the first time, Fast Company enlisted machine intelligence to help inform the list: Quid, a San Francisco-based startup, used its software to create topographical maps of innovation across more than 40 sectors of the economy.
- Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies issue (March 2016) is now available online at www.fastcompany.com/MIC as well as in app form via iTunes, and on newsstands beginning February 23rd.
Robert Safian, editor, Fast Company
“This year’s package—which includes top ten lists in 27 sectors—emphasizes the breadth of companies with progressive, agile business models, cultures of creativity, and ability to adapt in today’s fast-paced world.”
Tom Bianculli, vice president, Emerging Technology Office, Zebra Technologies
“We live in an increasingly connected world, going from everyone being connected to everything becoming connected. Converting the physical to digital allows you to know the location, motion and state of your assets, people and transactions. The insights derived from this stream of real-time information will transform the way work gets done across nearly every industry. This combination of sensing, analyzing and ultimately acting on insights derived from real-time data is what comprises a new category of solutions we call Enterprise Asset Intelligence. This enhanced business insight allows companies to make more informed decisions and improve business outcomes.”
Jill Stelfox, vice president, Locationing Solutions, Zebra Technologies
“With the proliferation of connected devices and the expanding mobile workforce, organisations are increasingly choosing our technology to expand their competitive advantage and enable the smart, connected enterprise. From the field of play to the manufacturing floor, we continue to our help customers gain greater visibility into their operations and achieve higher levels of growth and efficiency.”
Website: Zebra Technologies
Website: Zebra Technologies Sports Solution
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
About Fast Company
Fast Company is the world’s leading progressive business media brand, with a unique editorial focus on innovation in technology, ethical economics, leadership, and design. Headquartered in New York City, Fast Company is published by Mansueto Ventures LLC, one of the U.S.’s leading media companies.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Therese Van Ryne
Mary Wible Vertin
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.