This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
China,Beijing - May 30, 2013 –The increasing demands of customers and intense competition force enterprises to be perfect in each step of the deal, from product experiences to after-sales service. Thus, more and more enterprises are taking steps to improve the quality of their service as a vital way to remain competitive. In response, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, unveiled the enterprise-class tablet ET1 WAN, with WAN leveraging ET1’s excellent features and WLAN access functions.
The new ET1 WAN feature will significantly simplify the field-service process and drastically improve service quality, hence improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Leveraging exceptional enterprise-class hardware configurations and a user friendly software design, the new ET1 perfectly combines a modern look with durability. By effectively coordinating data and information involved in deals and services, ET1 WAN brings four unique advantages for after-sale services:
- Fixes issues on the first visit. The built-in WWAN data MODEM can be activated on 3G HSPA + global network. Field service technicians can access much needed websites, easily obtain information, and exchange information in real-time with dispatchers and enterprises at anytime, greatly improving first time fix rates.
- Always arriving on time. With support for standard RAM mounts, it’s easy to mount the ET1 WAN in your vehicles to provide field technicians with accurate turn-by-turn directions through assisted GPS, helping technicians to arrive on time and to reduce work time as well as lowering travel costs.
- Accurate customer invoices. When customers need invoices, enterprise staff can check customer information accurately after services are rendered at the customer premise, and update finance departments in real time, ensuring the accuracy of invoices with the help of ET1 WAN.
- Increased sales opportunities. After-sale technical service is an important way to serve enterprises and customers. With ET1 WAN, technicians can display detailed, customised products and service lists to customers and present related information on additional products and parts, showing pictures as well, bringing in further sales opportunities.
- ET1 WAN is a tool specially built for outdoors field services: its body can withstand the inevitable drops and bumps and perform wonderfully even in the harshest of environments. Leveraging outstanding flexibility, ET1 WAN’s Corning® Gorilla® glass screen is tough and scratch-resistant. The ET1 WAN’s optional seal ring also enhances body protection during field operations.
Michael Jiang, chairman and president, Motorola Solutions (China) Co., Ltd.
“As a leading provider of mobile solutions, Motorola Solutions has been meeting the growing demands from enterprises, and we regard this as the driving force behind continuous innovation. The newly launched ET1 WAN greatly improves network compatibility based on the original ET1 design. Now enterprises use their enhanced service levels as a way to promote competitiveness and attractiveness to develop new business opportunities, thus establishing greater brand value and reputation.”
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.