This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Mobility Lifecycle Management (MLM) from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is setting a new standard for optimizing the performance of business-critical mobile device environments. The service is aimed at companies that want to use mobile devices to transform their business operations.
Yodel, one of the United Kingdom’s leading parcel carriers, is working with Motorola to ensure its device portfolio supports its goal of delivering market leading service. With a workforce of up to 16,000, Yodel delivers around 135-million parcels per year on behalf of the UK’s top retailers, both into stores and direct to consumers.
The company uses handheld mobile devices including Motorola Solution’s MC67, MC45 and RS507 to scan parcels, give its drivers delivery instructions and capture customer signatures. Mobile technology is crucial to the delivery process with individual parcels being scanned at various stages in order to provide accurate tracking for Yodel’s clients and their customers. Its alliance with Motorola gives Yodel a comprehensive managed solution allowing full visibility of its 8,000 mobile devices and 12,000 seasonal devices, ensuring its workforce is well equipped to provide an effective and efficient service. Motorola’s MLM solution has allowed Yodel to cut deliveries confirmed on paper in half compared to previous years while reducing data latency issues by more than 50%.
The MLM solution helps ensure the successful introduction of mobile device technologies across an enterprise by speeding rollout and providing operational support for mobile device and application planning. MLM also supports deployment, management, service desk, repairs, reporting and analysis. Performance is governed by customer-specific service-level agreements and clients will have visibility to all operations and performance measures through the Mobility Lifecycle Management Portal, a customisable browser-based reporting and analysis tool.
- Yodel is currently operating from more than 60 locations, delivering more than 135-million parcels per year on behalf of more than 1,500 clients, with a focus on retail.
- The MLM service builds on Motorola‘s global leadership in mission- and business-critical communications by providing agnostic lifecycle management across Windows® Mobile, Apple® iOS and Android®-based operating systems from a wide variety of device manufacturers.
- A fully managed service, MLM improves operational capability, making it easy to scale to meet changing business needs and reduce operational risk through specialised service delivery and logistical resources.
Gary Aitkenhead, services vice president, Motorola Solutions Europe & Africa
“Motorola Solutions is extremely pleased to be working with Yodel on delivering our Mobility Lifecycle Management service. We believe that a combination of Motorola devices with our professional services and the ability to monitor and configure devices with real-time visibility will revolutionise Yodel’s operations and enable the company to consolidate and grow its position in the UK delivery market.”
Dick Stead, executive chairman, Yodel
“The real driver behind logistics isn’t vehicles, but technology. Our alliance with Motorola Solutions provides us with a one stop solution to managing our estate and future proofing our business.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Global Solutions and Services
Video: Mobility Lifecycle Management
White Paper: Build a Mobile Device Environment for Innovation
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
Twitter: Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed.
Media Contact for Motorola Solutions:
Mobile: +46 707448893
- Yodel is the UK's leading parcel carrier, offering the widest range of service options.
- The company handles over 135 million parcels every year.
- It has approximately 1,500 clients and a relationship with 80 per cent of the UK's top retailers.
- Yodel is headquartered in Hatfield and has over 60 locations across the UK, including three central sorts and over 50 service centres.
- Yodel offers a range of services to meet the needs of its clients and their customers:
- Yodel Home and Yodel Business - two van-based networks with service centre based drivers
- Yodel Neighbourhood - a neighbourhood courier service offering extended delivery hours
- Yodel World - international service
- CollectPlus - Yodel's joint venture with PayPoint, which allows consumers to collect, return or send parcels from their local convenience store, newsagent or petrol station. The service currently has over 260 retail clients and is available in over 5,500 locations across the UK
- YodelDirect – Yodel’s door-to-door consumer parcel service, ideal for online marketplace sellers and SMEs
- Arrow XL - Through its sister company Yodel also offers a two man service for white goods and large items up to 120kg.
Media Contact for Yodel:
Brunswick for Yodel
Tel: 0207 404 5959