This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – June 10, 2014 – With the majority of shoppers agreeing that self-help technologies improve their shopping experience, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today unveiled the industry’s most advanced personal shopping device, which will help shoppers save time and money as they quickly scan items and experience faster checkouts. The MC18 Personal Shopper is Motorola’s fifth generation personal shopping device and bridges the gap between convenient technology and personal service – providing shoppers with relevant real-time discount coupons for items they are purchasing and suggestions for complementary merchandise.
Motorola personal shopping devices have been installed in more than 2,000 stores globally, accounting for nearly 1 million transactions per day. Retailers using this solution have reported an increased basket size of up to 30 percent, while receiving real-time visibility into what customers are buying. Shoppers benefit from the technology as they scan items as they shop, allowing for faster checkout. The MC18 is designed for grocery stores, department stores, hypermarkets, wholesale membership clubs and mass merchandisers.
- The MC18 brings five industry firsts to the personal shopping device market:
- A new large, all-touch, 4-inch high-resolution display that is easy to use and navigate with pinch-and-zoom capability, which provides easy viewing of shopping lists and promotional items.
- Motorola’s advanced imaging engine enables the instant capture of virtually any 1D or 2D bar code whether it is printed on paper or displayed on the screen of a mobile phone. And with omnidirectional scanning, both shoppers and store associates benefit from point-and-shoot simplicity without needing to orient the bar code and scanner.
- The MC18 comes with Bluetooth® Low-Energy (BLE) technology enabling retailers to deploy applications that help shoppers find products with indoor maps and receive special offers based on their location in the store.
- The new PowerPrecision+ battery powers nine hours of continuous use, and delivers faster charging and advanced state-of-health measurements to maximize device usage and ensure shoppers are provided with ready-to-use personal shopping devices.
- A new flexible space-saving cradle design can be configured in three ways depending on the retailer’s needs both on the store floor and in the back room.
- The MC18 also can be used for gift registry applications and product picking by store associates processing online orders.
- Store associates can use the MC18 for price audits, inventory management and price checks to further improve productivity and store efficiency.
- The MC18 is rugged and ready for all-day everyday use in the aisles as well as in the backroom.
Joe White, vice president of Enterprise Mobile Computing, Motorola Solutions
“The MC18 Personal Shopper represents the fifth generation of our retail solution that has been deployed in more than 65 retail chains and has transformed the shopping experience of customers around the world. The MC18 can help retailers minimize shoppers’ frustration with long lines at checkout, and more efficiently deploy staff to focus on customer service tasks – helping boost customer satisfaction, basket size and sales.”
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.