LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – June 30, 2016 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, today introduced its Total Wearable Solutions. This is the world’s only dedicated family of wearable devices built on the Android™ operating system (OS) and backed by Zebra Mobility DNA, with hands-free and speech-directed picking that increases user mobility, comfort and accuracy. Compared with traditional speech-only wearable devices, the new multi-modal solution delivers 15 percent productivity improvements, with a 39 percent reduction in errors. Zebra’s Total Wearable Solutions is the latest milestone in Zebra’s commitment to delivering “visibility that’s visionary,” following the announcements of the TC8000 mobile computer in January and the 3600 series of ultra-rugged scanners in April.
- Designed for inventory management, yard management and picking and put-away applications in warehouse, manufacturing and retail environments, Zebra’s Total Wearable Solutions include:
- The easy-to-use WT6000 Industrial Wearable Computer, featuring a touch display and secure tap-to-pair NFC technology to easily establish connectivity with Zebra’s RS6000 Wearable Ring Scanner and HS3100 Headset as well as Zebra Bluetooth-enabled printers for increased productivity. The WT6000 arm band features non-absorbent materials for breathability and improved hygiene when worn on the arm.
- The RS6000 Wearable Ring Scanner, which provides improved picking speed and accuracy with programmable line-of-sight LED colours to direct user activity as well as improved range and motion tolerance, even when the worker or an asset is in motion.
- The wireless HS3100 Headset, enabling speech-driven applications and voice communications along with superior noise cancellation technology.
- Zebra’s Total Wearable Solutions utilise Mobility DNA, a software ecosystem that gives mobile computers more enterprise capabilities with business and productivity tools customised to workers’ needs. The Zebra Mobility DNA suite includes TekSpeech Pro 4, which maximises warehouse productivity with multi-modal speech-directed solutions.
- Zebra’s Total Wearable Solutions offer hands-free mobility while retaining the ability to withstand extreme temperature ranges and working conditions.
- The WT6000 wearable computer and RS6000 ring scanner share a common Zebra PowerPrecision+ battery – providing full-shift power, innovative battery management tools and simplifying battery management.
Joe White, vice president, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra’s Warehouse Vision Report found that 72 percent of nearly 1,400 logistics professionals expect to use voice-directed picking solutions by 2020, up from just 30 percent in 2015. They recognise the need to help workers focus on the task at hand, rather than on handling a device. By liberating warehouse workers’ hands and eyes, Zebra’s Total Wearable Solutions will improve productivity and enhance their mobility, comfort and accuracy with all the necessary information in sight.”
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organisations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Industry Analyst Contact:
ZEBRA and the stylised Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.