Zebra developed the world's first XML-enabled RFID smart label printer/encoders to interoperate with SAP AG's Auto-ID Infrastructure. Zebra XML Schema Version 1.2 has been certified by SAP for integration with the SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure, a component of the SAP NetWeaver platform which powers many SAP solutions for RFID data. XML connectivity simplifies RFID smart labeling printing/encoding for customers because they can use the certified interface to output labels on a variety of Zebra printer models directly from their SAP solution, with no middleware required.
Customer benefits include:
- Reduction in system administration and custom programming costs
- Reduction in license fees and hardware requirements
- Complete stored formatting solution
- Only XML variable data sent to printer
- Format changes managed in distributed environment