- by: Bruce Willins
- Oct 4, 2023
- Here are some calculations to run and often overlooked factors to consider before you think that a consumer mobile device is going to be “cheaper" than one purpose-built for business or industrial use cases.
What is a Mobile Device Really Going to Cost You? (Probably Not What You Think)
- by: Deanna Self
- Sep 28, 2023
- Think that supply chain leaders want “more automation” or “more speed or accuracy” from 3PLs? You’re in for a surprise.
What I’ve Come to Expect from 3PLs (and Other Supply Chain Leaders Have, Too)
- by: Matt Ashcroft
- Sep 26, 2023
- No one wants a dead battery, but that’s what you’ll end up with if you keep charging your battery too much or too often. So, let’s talk about the right way to extend your battery life.
You Might Not Be Charging Your Mobile Devices the Right Way, Which Means You Might Be Killing Your Battery
- by: Your Edge Contributor
- Sep 21, 2023
- Here's what you need to know before you start trying to integrate your barcode scanners, RFID readers, mobile computers and other automated data capture devices with your ERP system.
Hoping to Automatically Capture Data from Barcode Scanners, RFID Readers, and Mobile Computers and Feed It into Your ERP?
- by: Drew Ehlers
- Sep 20, 2023
- No matter how much technology enables to run your business more efficiently, people are still the ones responsible for your success (and developing the technology that allows you to work in new, better ways so that success becomes possible). So, it's time to give credit where credit is due - and make sure we're thinking about technology in the context of human impact.
A Look at Labor: Are You Giving Too Much Credit to Technology?
- by: George Pepes
- Sep 19, 2023
- New Zealand grocery company, Foodstuffs South Island, takes a unique approach in finding a new mobile technology solution.
Technology Should Help Employees Get the Job Done, Not Stand in Their Way
- by: Thomas Duparque
- Sep 13, 2023
- Three French healthcare professionals explain how technology can be used to better anticipate and manage patients’ care needs, both in the hospital and at home, and reduce adverse events like medication addiction.
Clini-Chat: How to Prevent Hospitalisation-Related Iatrogenic Dependence and Reduce Hospital Return Rates Among Older Patients
- by: Erv Comer
- Sep 12, 2023
- What questions should you be asking mobile device manufacturers about security in your solicitations? And what are Zebra’s responses to these questions? We ask a mobile security expert to weigh in on both.
Ask the Expert: “What Questions Should I Be Asking Mobile Device Manufacturers About Security in My Solicitations?”
- by: Tom McNeela
- Sep 8, 2023
- Data shows worker productivity is increasingly disrupted by failing mobile device batteries
Do Not Get Caught Off-Guard, or Offline: Have a (Battery) Back-Up Plan
- by: Mark Thomson
- Sep 6, 2023
- Part of the third largest retail operator in Northern Europe, Kesko found a way to reduce costs and boost efficiency in its warehouse with…wait for it…a printer!