- by: Drew Ehlers
- Apr 17, 2023
- The more you automate, the easier it becomes to focus front-line workers on “strategic” activities. But what makes one task more valuable than another – or “the human touch” more valuable than AI? Here’s our take.
A Look at Labor: What are Those Mysterious "Higher Value" Tasks Everyone Keeps Talking About?
- by: Nader Newman
- Apr 11, 2023
- There’s far more to consider than the “total cost of ownership,” and consistency is worth more than anything when it comes to wireless connectivity in the workplace, says one mobility expert.
Still Not Sure if Private 5G is Better Than Wi-Fi? You Might Not Be Assessing the “Value” of Each Correctly
- by: Alex Fryer
- Apr 5, 2023
- If your employees transition between multiple roles each day, you need to consolidate their “profiles” onto a single device so they can flip between tasks and teams faster. Here’s how.
Front-line Workers Should Be Able to Grab Any Device and Get to Work in Any Role. This One Switch in Your Mobile Software Setup Will Help.
- by: Kent Landry
- Apr 3, 2023
- Learn more about what type of data is flowing from Zebra’s technology systems into ServiceNow asset management systems to help you keep tabs on all your assets without doing more than lifting a finger.
Data Isn’t Valuable Until You Do Something with It. That’s Why Data Sharing Partnerships Like This are So Important in Every Industry.
- by: Mark Thomson
- Mar 30, 2023
- While every retailer must respond to inflation, upward wage pressure, and more, you have a unique opportunity to stand out amongst the competition and win customers for life. Here’s what you need to do.
How Do You Intend to Navigate 2023 (and Come Out the Other Side Better Positioned to Meet Shoppers’ Needs)?
- by: Kevin Tapscott
- Mar 20, 2023
- With it becoming more challenging than ever to make money in retail, it’s crucial to streamline your store operations in line with the new “Modern Store” framework introduced at NRF.
3 Ways That You Can Transform Your Stores and Prepare for the Future of Retail without Ripping, Replacing or Disrupting Anything
- by: Lorna Hopkin
- Mar 17, 2023
- If it feels inconvenient to have to buy all new reusable bins or recyclable serving utensils, find out what one global QSR chain is doing to conveniently maintain operations, meet sustainability goals and comply with multiple plastics bans.
How Your Quick Service Restaurant Can Respond to the Death of Single Use Plastics
- by: Jeanne Yeager
- Mar 8, 2023
- You don’t have to rely on traditional retail forecasting and allocation methods anymore if they aren’t working for you. But you do need to trust AI. This is why.
How Omnichannel is Revolutionizing Retail Inventory Allocation
- by: Stephan Pottel
- Mar 3, 2023
- Find out how OCR Wedge enables you to automatically capture VIN, TIN and license plate data across automotive supply chains, stores and service centers using only a handheld mobile computer.
There’s an Easy Way to Automatically Capture VIN, TIN and License Plate Data in Automotive Supply Chains, Stores and Service Centers as Inventory Moves In and Out
- by: Your Edge Blog Team
- Feb 27, 2023
- Learn where to focus your efforts if you are in the floricultural sector.
As the Floricultural Sector in Colombia Flourishes, Logistical Changes are Needed to Keep Products – and Opportunities – from Wilting
- by: Jim Sermonet
- Feb 22, 2023
- Though meant to reduce theft, locking up products in your stores may be causing losses by deterring impatient shoppers from completing their purchase or complicating inventory management. Consider this instead.
Are Locked Up Items Slowing Down Your Retail Sales? Or Costing You Sales? This May Be a Better (and Less Expensive) Loss Prevention Strategy.
- by: Bruce Willins
- Feb 16, 2023
- You asked a lot of questions after my last post making the case for enterprise mobile devices. I attempt to answer them all now.
What (Else) You Need to Know Before Deciding Whether a Consumer or Enterprise Mobile Device is Really the Best Choice for Your Employees – and the Success of Your Business
Want Our Bi-Weekly Blog Roundup?
Subscribe to Zebra's Blog
Prefer Real-Time Notifications?
Get the RSS feeds
Search the Blog
Are You a Zebra Developer?
Find more technical discussions on our Developer Portal blog.
Reflexis is Now Part of Zebra Technologies
Visit the Reflexis blog for more retail, hospitality and banking-related insights.
Fetch Robotics is Now Part of Zebra Technologies
Visit the Fetch blog for robotics-related insights.
Looking for more expert insights?
Visit the Zebra Story Hub for more interviews, news, and industry trend analysis.