- by: Adam Petrus
- Aug 17, 2022
- As the NFL works to balance tradition with innovation, data is proving core to every decision made in the back office and on the field. This is what to expect, whether you’re an NFL hopeful or just a fan.
Chalk Talk Podcast Episode #7: NFL Legend and Football Operations Executive, Troy Vincent, Says Data Will Change What Players, Coaches, Officials and Scouts Do This Season. Find Out How.
- by: Your Edge Blog Team
- Aug 4, 2022
- A newly published independent study and subsequent roundtable discussion detail the physical reality of capturing digital data in busy business operations.
U.S. Ergonomics (and Three Other Scanning Experts) Just Explained Why Front-Line Workers Favor Enterprise-Grade Mobile Computers Over Consumer Smartphones for Barcode Scanning
- by: Andres Avila
- Aug 1, 2022
- Patients expect privacy, but that’s difficult to guarantee when doctors and nurses are sharing and reviewing patients’ sensitive data on their personal smartphones.
There’s a Growing Case for Clinical Mobility in Latin America (and the Rest of the World), and It’s Centered on Data Security
- by: Steve Wright
- Jul 21, 2022
- Read on for one of the most important pieces of (technology) intelligence you’ll get this year.
What Would You Do If Your Government’s Top Secrets Were Exposed Because Your Smartphone Was Exposed to Water…or Social Media?
- by: Lindsay Fahmi
- Jul 20, 2022
- If you want the job done right, you need the right tools.
Painting and Barcode Scanning: The Unexpected Connection That Could Impact Your Business
- by: Parth Thakker
- Jul 13, 2022
- You need to change the way you’re calculating inventory allocations if you want to get control of this situation. But you don’t need to rewrite your formula to get to the right numbers. Here’s why.
Balancing Retail Orders in Times of Shortage Can Be as Simple As “An Extension”
- by: David Degrassi
- Jul 12, 2022
- You can also use front-line workers’ active devices to find the missing ones thanks to recent updates to Zebra Device Tracker. You may even be able to anticipate when a device is apt to go offline – and stop it.
Did You Know? Device Tracker Can Notify You When You Are Near a Zebra Mobile Device That Is Idle Too Long, Going Offline, or Missing.
- by: Eric Williams
- Jul 11, 2022
- There are rumors swirling that Android mobile devices aren’t as secure as iOS mobile devices. Let’s get the facts from an enterprise mobility expert and engineering fellow whose primary job is to design secure devices.
Ask the Expert: “Which Mobile Devices are More Secure: Android™ or iOS?”
- by: Jeff Stark
- Jul 7, 2022
- Shaun McCarthy joins me on the Your Edge podcast to paint a realistic picture of 5G’s value to businesses. We also reveal how private 5G could – and should – be used alongside Wi-Fi 6 if you have automation ambitions.
Cisco Leader Agrees: The Pandemic Subtly Accelerated – and Dramatically Altered – Enterprise Adoption of 5G
- by: Your Edge Blog Team
- Jun 30, 2022
- Two world-renowned automation experts analyze the robotics innovations that have resulted from Zebra’s acquisition of Fetch. They also reveal what new robot solutions you can expect to see in the future.
One Year Later: How Zebra and Fetch Robotics Have Become Better Together – to the Benefit of Front-Line Workers
- by: Wayne Miller
- Jun 14, 2022
- With blood donations at a critically low level, certain steps must be taken to ensure every accepted unit is properly handled, stored and distributed. Here are the very specific ways technology can help.
How to Stop Blood Supply Waste as Demand Rises and Donations Fall