There is a lot that happens behind the scenes at Zebra from both an engineering and operational perspective to help our customers capture their edge – and many people that deserve recognition for their hard work. Though it would be impossible to celebrate every single person and every single accomplishment (there are so many!), we want to showcase a few Zebras that have been honored by their industry peers and members of the business community the first half of this year:
- The Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM Global) awarded Joe White, Senior Vice President of Enterprise Mobile Computing (EMC) with the Richard Dilling Award. The award, considered to be the highest honor given in the AIDC industry, has been presented to top executives, scientists and engineers in recognition of outstanding contributions that have furthered the growth of the industry through important applications and new technological advancements. During Joe’s three-decade career, he has advocated the adoption of several innovative technologies within the AIDC industry and notably pioneered the Gen 2 RFID standard, leading many of the first passive RFID deployments in the retail, manufacturing and airline industries. Read more about Joe’s contributions in the official award announcement.
- AIM Global has also awarded Ted Prusik, PHD, and Mohannad Abdo, PHD, with the Don Percival award for their “outstanding contributions to the application of automatic identification and data capture technologies.” They are receiving the award as recognition of their work with Temptime, now a part of Zebra Technologies. Both are focused on improving global public health through temperature monitoring devices that help healthcare workers immunize millions of children around the world and extend care to regions previously thought to be unreachable. Learn more about their work and the award.
- CRN named Rebecca Gowan, Zebra’s Central Territory Sales Director, to its prestigious 2019 Women of the Channel list. Before being promoted in April to her current role, Gowan managed Zebra’s North America Inside Channel Sales team, working directly with Zebra® PartnerConnect Program partners and resellers. Gowan spearheaded her team’s partner management strategy and contributed to Zebra’s channel growth in key vertical markets by leading the recruitment and development initiatives for new growth partners. Read more about the Women of the Channel in the official announcement.
- Tony Palcheck, Managing Director of Zebra Ventures, was named to the 2019 Global Corporate Venturing Powerlist Top 100. Read about the impact that his Zebra Ventures portfolio has made on the company as well as customers.
- Deepak Kaul, Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Zebra, has been named one of 27 Tech Executives Changing the Future of Chicago by Dare Mighty Things. Learn more about Deepak’s current role at Zebra and his contribution to the Chicago tech community.
- Jeff Schmitz, Zebra’s Chief Marketing Officer, and Olivier Leonetti, Zebra’s Chief Financial Officer, were just named two of the Daily Herald Business Ledger’s 15 C-Suite Award recipients for 2019. These awards honor C-level executives for the leadership, business and civic contributions they have made to their organizations and to the suburban Chicago community. We’re going to sit down with Jeff and Olivier in an upcoming Your Edge blog to learn more about the ongoing corporate and community initiatives that garnered them such recognition. We’re also going to hear their thoughts on why Zebra continues to move up on Crain’s Chicago Business Fast 50 list. (We were just named #32 on the 2019 list.) Stay tuned.
We also want to recognize our broader team accomplishments:
- Zebra was also named to CRN’s 2019 Internet of Things 50, which is comprised of “IT manufacturers with innovative offerings that push the boundaries of what is possible for IoT solutions.” Learn more.
- Temptime received a GS1 US® Partner Excellence Award for its utilization of GS1 Standards to improve business processes. Specifically, Temptime worked with GS1® and GS1 US to develop a new identification standard for sensors that will revolutionize the storage and delivery of life-saving vaccines in developing countries. Learn more about the award and collaborative innovation.
- The Zebra ZC100 and ZC300 card printers received a 2019 Red Dot Award, which is considered one of the most esteemed awards for design excellence. These innovative products were also recognized with iF Design awards. Read about the unique design approach that Zebra took when engineering these two card printers in this blog.
- MedTech Breakthrough, an independent organization that honors technological excellence in the global healthcare market, recognized the TC52-HC touch computer with the “Best Clinical Efficiency Solution” award. Find out what makes this solution stand out.
- Zebra was the winner of a 2019 CEE Manufacturing and Logistics Award in the Manufacturing Suppliers-Information Technology category. These annual awards are now widely heralded as the most prestigious awards event promoting the European Union to the international manufacturing and logistics sectors. Learn more about the awards.
- Zebra was named one of America’s Best Employers 2019 by Forbes. Find out why.
Congratulations to all! We are so proud of our Zebra team!