This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Nov. 5, 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced two new mobile solutions specifically designed to meet the needs of healthcare providers.
The MC40-HC is the first multi-purpose mobile computer for healthcare to incorporate point of care with collaboration and inventory management capabilities in an all-touch, consumer-like form factor running on the familiar Android™ Operating System 4.1. The SB1-HC smart badge is a wearable, thin-client mobile device that empowers healthcare staff including biomed, facilities maintenance, dieticians, nurses, orderlies and others with communications and collaboration solutions that drive cost savings, improved productivity and better patient service. With health systems focused on improving the patient experience, these tools can help institutions with a mobility strategy that supports smooth hand-off and transitioning of patient care in a mission-critical environment that demands reliability, scalability and true interoperability.
These new offerings, combined with Motorola’s MC55HC rugged mobile computer, the MC75AO-HC rugged enterprise digital assistant and the ET1 tablet customized for healthcare use, deliver one of the industry’s broadest healthcare portfolios of mobile computer products.
- This sleek, pocket-sized device enables healthcare staff to access patient information, verify the right medication is about to be administered to the right patient, monitor patient vital signs, place pharmacy and lab orders, access test results and more. These tasks can all be performed within seconds over the air in real-time, anywhere inside the healthcare facility. Data links back and immediately populates the electronic medical record maintained in the Clinical Information System.
- Featuring the same all-touch display and stylish form factor of popular consumer smartphones, this device delivers the benefits of a true enterprise communication tool: durability, advanced data capture, security and manageability and long lifecycle. This protects TCO and maximizes ROI for health systems.
- This solution also includes unique features that transform Android from a consumer operating system (OS) to a true enterprise-class OS with Extensions (Mx) from Motorola Solutions.
- The MC40-HC is ideally suited to meet healthcare workflow requirements with its ergonomic design, integrated bar code scanner, disinfectant-ready housing, and tightly integrated, pre-loaded push-to-talk (PTT) solution. It can also provide voice-optimized WiFi telephony performance and ensures out-of-the-box compatibility to most commercial, off the shelf programs.
- This new category of mobile device can be deployed across the health system to those mobile, non-clinical staff who often struggle in the hand-off of patient care. This low-cost smart badge is designed to address the needs of the ‘unserved’ or disconnected staff member, providing the right information at the right time on the right technology at an affordable cost.
- Available in disinfectant-ready white housing to complement the healthcare environment, the SB1-HC includes an integrated speaker, PTT and headset jack to provide PTT voice features without the need to switch out adapter accessories. It can be worn via several accessories: neck lanyard with safety break-away, belt clip or armband. Its 3-inch E Ink® display is easy to read in virtually all lighting conditions, and its low-power consumption provides more than 14 hours of battery life from a single charge.
- The SB1-HC supports HTML5 apps which provide healthcare staff with medical inventory lookup, dynamic task lists and patient identification for improved quality of care. Its integrated omni-directional 1D and 2D bar code reader helps streamline task execution and improve accuracy, from equipment and building maintenance to patient transport.
- With its small form factor and durable enterprise features, the SB1-HC can withstand the harsh cleaning agents used to disinfect items in the healthcare environment. Its military standard drop specification and environmental sealing help ensure dependable operation, despite bumps, drops or spills.
Joe White, vice president, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Motorola Solutions
“With the availability of the MC40-HC and SB1-HC, Motorola Solutions provides an end-to-end healthcare technology solution – from infrastructure to data capture. This solution, which includes durable products that help improve operational efficiency and patient safety, is ideal for healthcare organizations who want to work with a single vendor to support their healthcare IT needs.”
Randy Briley, director, Healthcare, Motorola Solutions
“Devices used in hospitals and other healthcare facilities need maximum processing power, rugged design, flexibility in extending reach, data capture capability, connectivity options, security and manageability. In addition to addressing all of these needs, the MC40-HC and SB1-HC are durable, sealed and disinfectant-ready, making them the ideal, patient-friendly solution for point of care use.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Healthcare
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.