This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
IDSTEIN, Germany, March 11, 2013 - Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has been selected by Dr. Thomas + Partner (TUP), one of the leading suppliers of warehouse management systems, to optimize application development at TUIfly by using Motorola’s award-winning RhoMobile Suite, an HTML5 cross-platform development framework. TUP uses Motorola’s RhoElements, part of RhoMobile Suite, for developing the mobile application of its Mobile Device System (MDS) in the aviation sector.
TUIfly deployed the MDS solution on the Motorola MC55 to optimize the processes of storage, stock clearance, order picking and inventory management at TUIfly. RhoElements enables TUP to write its MDS solution for these mobile computers once and have it look and act the same on different mobile devices regardless of the current operating system.
After extensive testing, the MDS solution is now in live operation at TUIfly. It enables warehouse employees to capture barcodes and book parts directly at the storing location for optimizing the spare parts supply. Moreover, the inventory lists can be selected on the mobile device for booking the location and number of parts immediately into the system.
- During picking, the MDS solution provides the shortest path through the warehouse utilizing the first in- and first-out principle. Consequently, the MDS solution has considerably reduced the error rate in inventory management.
- Leveraging the MC55 data capture capabilities has made the collection of inventory data much easier and comfortable for TUIfly employees.
- In addition to native cross- platform support, RhoElements offers support for modern device features including global positioning (GPS), camera and native mapping in addition to enterprise-class features like bar code scanning, signature capture, data encryption and near-field communication (NFC).
- RhoElements leverages HTML5 to offer a future-proof development environment for support of current and next-generation consumer or enterprise devices.
- RhoMobile Suite applications are OS-agnostic and able to support current and future enterprise- and consumer-class operating systems including Microsoft Windows® Embedded Handheld, Microsoft Windows® Embedded Compact, Microsoft Windows® Phone 7 and 8 Series, Apple® iOS, Android® and BlackBerry®.
Klaus Heim, head of development, Dr. Thomas + Partner GmbH & Co. KG
“We tested a range of alternative browsers and development environments, but our essential requirements in terms of security, device compatibility, display options and adaptability were either met only in part or not at all. Only Motorola’s RhoElements framework fulfilled all of our expectations. We are very content how quickly our MDS application was up-and-running with RhoElements and how stable and reliable the system behaviour was.”
Leo Greeley, Senior Director, Enterprise Software & Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“We are very pleased to have been selected by TUIfly and Dr. Thomas + Partner to deliver our RhoElements development framework and our RhoMobile Suite in combination with our mobile devices. Our development framework is ideal for the aviation sector, since it can be used to cost-efficiently develop feature-rich applications to run on multiple current and future operating systems.”
Website: RhoMobile Suite
Website: Motorola Solutions LaunchPad Developer Community
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
About Dr. Thomas Partner (TUP)
Dr. Thomas + Partner has been creating logistics systems for national and international companies in a range of industries since 1980. The provided services range from consulting in conceptual questions, the planning and implementation of individual solutions up to the selection of the appropriate technology. The areas of expertise include high-quality information systems for internal logistics systems and distribution centers, e-commerce multichannel and the global vehicle and spare parts trade. For further information: www.tup.com
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.