In today’s mobile world, guests are bringing an average of two to three mobile devices into their rooms and are looking for simple, seamless wireless connectivity. Mobile and wireless technology from Motorola Solutions can be leveraged to elevate the guest experience and improve staff efficiency.
Hoteliers looking for a trusted partner to help implement and manage these emerging technologies can utilize Motorola’s Global Solutions and Services offerings such as WLAN Management and Managed Guest Access. Managed Services for Hospitality can combine Motorola’s unique technologies with day-to-day operational management to create and maintain the mobile environments that deliver the experience that guests desire.
- In the lobby, proximity awareness can welcome guests on their mobile devices and push relevant offers as they move to the guest rooms and common areas.
- The modular AP 8132 can enable a wireless connection on all staff devices, allowing for secure, seamless communication. Hoteliers can plug in a 3G backhaul to provide network redundancy to prevent downtime in the event of a network outage, ensuring the guests are not affected and maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Motorola’s new T5 Power Broadband solution provides high-speed Internet access in guest rooms, and delivers additional revenue-generating, in-room guest services such as IPTV, VoIP and presence.
- The T5 is built specifically for the hospitality industry with patented power over very high bit rate digital subscriber line (PoVDSL) technology and enables hotels to use their existing telephone wiring to deliver high-speed 802.11n Wi-Fi in guest rooms.
- Installation of the T5 solution is simple – it is installed over the existing telephone wall plates and has power built in, eliminating the need to install new Ethernet cabling. Plus it has an operational range of more than 1,500 feet.
- The T5 replaces the highly successful T3, which provides high-speed Internet access. in more than 300,000 guest rooms.
- The high speed, 802.11n AP 6511 snaps over Ethernet Category 5 wall jack with up to three fast Ethernet downlink ports for wired and wireless connectivity.
- The Air Defense Services Platform helps assure guests that their connection to the Wi-Fi network is secure by maintaining the performance, availability and security of the WLAN serving the hotel property.
- Secure Guest Access helps hoteliers get up to speed with their customers’ wireless demands by quickly onboarding guests using their rewards program or social media login information.
- At a bar, restaurant or the pool, employees can use the Motorola ET1 Enterprise Tablet to place guest orders and also process payments. The mobile computer provides staff the ability to show guests detailed information on the food and drinks offered and provide rapid customer service tableside.
- To enable wireless guest access outdoors or in conference centers, the AP 6562, a dual radio 802.11n access point in an IP67 outdoor-rated housing, seamlessly extends the internal Wi-Fi network and delivers the bandwidth to run complex applications.
- Maintenance workers and staff can communicate seamlessly on the SL 7550 portable two-way radio, which was designed with hospitality workers in mind. The radio’s slim design and unique features enhance the level of professionalism and discretion so users can provide superior customer service and faster response times.
Thomas Moore, director of Hospitality Industry Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Hoteliers are encountering an increasingly competitive market, and the guest experience is paramount to retaining customer loyalty. Motorola Solutions’ mobile and wireless technologies and services enable revenue-generating services, such as IPTV, and improve staff efficiency as well as make hotel stays more personal for guests.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Hospitality
Website: Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
Blog: Wireless Insights
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.