This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Dec. 17, 2013 – When replacing an outdated wireless communication system, the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa in Hawaii turned to Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) to increase reliability, provide faster guestroom and premises Internet service, and position the property for the future. Motorola and Pacific DirectConnect, a regional systems integrator, replaced a microwave communications system that was unreliable, costly to maintain and slow. In fact, the poor wireless connectivity was driving down guest satisfaction scores for the property. Since installation, the property has risen from near the bottom to the top ten in Hyatt’s internal property satisfaction rankings. In addition to guestroom service, improved network performance in meeting rooms and public spaces is helping the Grand Hyatt Kauai attract new corporate business.
- The new system provides high-speed wireless network using Motorola indoor access points (APs) and 3-port wall plates in guestrooms, outdoor APs for property-wide roaming and an RFS controller for consistent, reliable coverage everywhere on the resort.
- The hotel deployed the AP 6511 to provide reliable, high-speed connectivity to guest rooms.
- Wi-Fi service is enabled in public spaces using the AP 622 in locations including the lobby, concierge and registration areas - for web check-in and check-out - along with restaurants and retail.
- The Grand Hyatt Kauai utilized the AP 7161 and AP 6562 to enable wireless access for areas such as the pool, beach and spa.
- For unified management of the access points and wall plates, the hotel is utilizing the RFS 7000 wireless RF switch, which facilitates more efficient network operations.
Lydia Villanueva, IT director, Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
“Customer satisfaction scores improved as soon as we deployed Motorola Solutions’ technology, and our overall satisfaction ranking also has skyrocketed. Soon after going live, we were excited to get our first ‘10’ rating ever. Now we get them all the time. We went from near the bottom for internet connectivity satisfaction to the Top 10 in a very short period of time, including being No. one in customer satisfaction in Hyatt’s North American operations. We now find ourselves on the leading edge of hospitality communications technology.”
Tom Moore, director, Hospitality, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions’ wireless technology enables hotels like the Grand Hyatt Kauai to transform the wireless experience for their guests. With guests bringing on average two to three mobile devices with them to hotels, it is paramount to provide them fast, reliable wireless access. Our technology allows hotels to meet these growing needs and improve the overall guest experience.”
Mike Browning, president, Pacific DirectConnect
“With their breadth of products, solutions and services, we knew Motorola Solutions was the clear choice to work with our high-speed integrated solution and get the best result for this complex property.”
Case Study: Using High-Speed Communications to Improve Paradise
Website: Motorola Solutions Hospitality
Website: Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
Blog: Wireless Insights
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.