This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
MADRID - Spain, Mai 12, 2014 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, has announced that it has been awarded a contract to increase the number of mobile computing terminals used by Correos through its partner Vodafone. The recently announced TC55 touch computer will be in the hands of over 10 000 postmen across Spain.
Correos considers enterprise mobility solutions as a strategic growth factor. Designed for the field service and direct delivery, the TC55 touch computer meets Correos’ focus on keeping its staff as mobile as possible while improving the quality of services and the handling of registered mail and parcels.
- The installed base of Motorola Solutions mobile terminals from mobile computer to touch computer within Correos is now over 30,000 mobiles terminals.
- Correos uses all technologies and solutions from Motorola including RFID, WiFi and scanning in its centers and on the field.
- The new TC55 combines the best features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS.
- The TC55 offers an advanced capacitive 4.3-inch high-resolution touch screen. The touch screen is brighter both indoors and outdoors and dynamically adjusts to the environment enabling input with a bare or gloved finger or a stylus – even if the screen is wet.
- The TC55’s suite of high-performance data capture features can help mobile workers better serve their customers and improve efficiency by capturing bar codes, signatures, documents, photos and videos with ease.
Marco Landi, vice president, Enteprise Sales , Motorola Solutions EA
“This new award is a milestone in our long term relationship with Correos. With this award there is an addition to the never-ending list of clients in the sectors of transport, logistics and postal services using Motorola Solutions’ mobility solutions to put in place their mobility projects for field applications. The major companies in the field handle their day-to-day deliveries using mobile terminals adapted for these types of demanding scenarios, making Motorola Solutions the leading provider of mobility solutions adapted to the specific requirements of each sector.”
Website: Motorola Solutions
Motorola Mobile Computing Portfolio
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.