WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 16, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, received a Supplier of the Year award from Boeing [NYSE: BA] in the safety category. The awards are based on meeting or exceeding quality, on-time delivery, post-delivery support, cost and demonstrating the ability to anticipate and respond to changing customer requirements. Zebra’s Painter Fall Protection solution was recognized as a winner for preventing injury for this world-class aviation company.
- For years, Zebra has provided Boeing with solutions to provide real-time visibility, including a tool tracking solution using passive RFID technology.
- Boeing and Zebra worked together over the last year to bring hardware, software and analytics to create a Painter Fall Protection solution to help keep employees safe.
- Boeing has implemented Zebra’s Painter Fall Protection Solution in six Seattle and Renton, Wash. hangars.
- Zebra’s MotionWorks™ and Ultra Wide Band real-time locating system (RTLS) help to ensure painters are wearing proper safety equipment and are following safety rules when they are working on scaffolding and other aerial equipment.
- Zebra was one of 14 companies and one university to receive a Supplier of the Year award, presented during a gala awards ceremony last night in Washington, D.C.
Kent Fisher, leader, Supplier Management, Boeing
"Our success in 2014 was due in large part to the strong performance of our supply chain. We are facing an increasingly competitive landscape across all our businesses. To continue to lead the market, we need supplier partners like Zebra who understand the importance of creating a sustainable competitive advantage with products, services and support that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.”
Jill Stelfox, vice president and general manager, Location Solutions, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra is honored to be selected by Boeing as one of its suppliers of the year. Our work with Boeing over the years has resulted in innovative solutions that enable real-time visibility to help keep employees safe, a true imperative for all of our customers.”
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.