This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
TC70 touch computer enables employees on the front line of business to work more efficiently and better serve customers
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Oct. 21, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today unveiled the Symbol TC70 touch computer - the industry’s first enterprise-class mobile computer running the Android KitKat operating system - combining the ease of use of a smartphone with the purpose-built durability, reliability and performance that businesses demand. Designed to boost efficiency and customer service in the retail, wholesale and manufacturing industries, the TC70 is supported by more than 50 certified applications including price and inventory checks, line busting, assisted selling, workforce management and inventory management.
- The TC70’s large 4.7-inch Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 high-resolution display can automatically adjust to changing conditions so it can be used with wet fingers, gloves or a stylus.
- Every TC70 is Voice over IP (VoIP)-ready and equipped with Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions, providing an added layer of security, manageability, data capture and wireless software features.
- Mx Data Capture makes it easy for application developers to integrate bar code scanning, signature capture, image capture and payment processing.
- In addition to supporting all standard Wi-Fi security protocols, Mx Security helps protect business data and network access with URL filters, communication management and sensor lock down.
- Motorola’s most advanced imaging engine and innovative data capture technology help mobile workers quickly capture signatures, photos, videos and virtually any 1D/2D bar code at an extended range.
- Motorola’s new Workforce Connect Push-To-Talk (PTT) Express enables the device to serve as a two-way radio right out of the box via Wi-Fi.
- With exclusive PowerPrecision batteries, fully submersible IP67 sealing and the ability to withstand high drops to concrete, the TC70 is built for all-day use on the retail store floor and in the backroom or any warehouse, distribution center or manufacturing plant.
- The TC70 is available with a comprehensive family of accessories including holsters, a magnetic stripe reader (MSR) for mobile payment and trigger-handles ideal for scan-intensive applications. It can also be used with Motorola’s new ShareCradle, a multi-slot charging system that accommodates multiple battery charge options and future Motorola mobile computers, making backroom management easy and cost-effective.
- Motorola also offers application design and porting services for Android and RhoMobile Suite, which provides powerful development tools built from the ground up for enterprise mobility applications.
Girish Rishi, senior vice president, Enterprise Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Customers who have tried consumer products have found that it has cost them more money in the long run as the total cost of ownership (TCO) does not compare to enterprise-class devices. The TC70 delivers the mobile experience that customers desire with smartphone usability, optimized voice and data capture functionality, durability and longer lifecycles. By combining the industry-leading features of the TC70 with Android’s KitKat operating system and the expanding library of enterprise applications, mobile workers have the mobile computer necessary to accomplish more than ever.”
Video: Symbol TC70
Video: Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions
Website: Symbol TC70
Website: Motorola Mobile Computers
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Gorilla Glass is a trademark of Corning, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.