LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Sept. 3, 2015 – The eighth annual installment of the Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA) Global Shopper Study found that shoppers are very interested in Wi-Fi and location-based, in-store services such as mobile coupons (51 percent), shopping maps (45 percent) and associate assistance (41 percent).
These findings support Zebra’s One Store, One Experience campaign - focusing on brand experience, delivery and fulfillment, loyalty, big data and store mobility to transform the connected customer experience. With higher customer expectations, retailers acknowledge that the role of technology has never been greater.
The study identified that more than one-third of shoppers (34 percent) believe they are better connected to real-time information than in-store associates. Meanwhile, 64 percent of shoppers would be willing to purchase more merchandise if they received better customer service and over one-half (52 percent) value retailers who use technology to make the shopping experience more efficient.
- More than three-quarters (76 percent) of shoppers feel positive about shopping in stores and nearly one-half think that technology solutions are helping retailers enable and improve their shopping experience.
- Fifty-two percent of shoppers “show-roomed” or looked at items in-store but purchased them online.
- More than three in 10 shoppers would prefer to go to a retail store to pickup items purchased via online or mobile channels.
- Retailers can recover 66 percent of out-of-stock incidents by offering shoppers an immediate discount.
- Nearly eight in 10 respondents are willing to share some level of information with retailers. But, retailers rank low on the list of institutions that shoppers trust with personal data as only reported they completely trusted retailers.
- Sixty-four percent of shoppers value retailers who give the flexibility to control how personal information is used to tailor experiences.
Survey Background and Methodology
- Nearly 2,000 shoppers were surveyed in the United States, Canada, Singapore, Australia, England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, China, Japan and Thailand.
- Research Now conducted the survey for Zebra Technologies in the first quarter of 2015.
- The survey was designed to reveal the experiences and attitudes toward the use of in-store technologies to enhance customer satisfaction.
Nick D’Alessio, Global Retail Solutions Development, Zebra Technologies
“As online and mobile shopping become more prevalent and accepted worldwide, the importance of the customer experience remains high - as noted by the majority of respondents who would buy more merchandise from retailers they believe provide better customer service. Mobile technology helps provide real-time visibility of product availability, flexible delivery and payment options - freeing retailers to focus on the shopper experience and delivering personalized service to customers.”
Explore study highlights: 2015 Shopper Study Highlights
Read the white paper: The Personal Touch Still Makes a Difference
Learn more about Zebra: Zebra Technologies
Follow Zebra on Facebook: Zebra Technologies
Follow Zebra on Twitter: @ZebraRetail
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.