DÜSSELDORF – Nov. 16, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, provides all Globus stores in Germany with a total of 7,000 rugged TC70 touch computers.
Through the use of mobile computers, Globus is able to increase the efficiency of its staff and improve customer service. With the TC70, employees can now access certified applications, allowing them to simplify order management as well as price and inventory checks.
- The TC70 touch computer with the Android KitKat operating system is just as easy to use as a smartphone and is especially durable and robust. With the TC70 4.7-inch, high-resolution screen, staff members get all the information right at a glance and manage different applications. The user-friendly display automatically adjusts to changing conditions and can also be utilized with wet fingers, gloves or a stylus.
- The TC70 enables Globus employees to check their e-mails, search online for further product information or check competitive prices, which will help improve customer service.
- With the Workforce Connect functionality which enables an easy walkie-talkie style voice communication, employees can be reached in real-time and respond instantly to shoppers. TC70 offers a crystal clear voice output based on proprietary noise cancellation technology.
- With the integrated imager, employees can detect 1D and 2D barcodes within seconds, and the 8-megapixel camera enables the easy capture of high-resolution photos, signatures and videos.
- Globus will also benefit from the Soti management platform installed by Zebra’s Professional Services team. This Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution enables the secure management of mobile devices.
- Zebra was supported by its partner GLOBOS which provided demo devices and managed the order process for Globus for this initiative.
Martin Fries, chief information officer, Globus Fachmärkte
"We were looking for an Android-based solution that also allows in-house telephony. Zebra Technologies has great expertise in this field and has provided us with the best solution for our needs. The TC70 combines easy smartphone use with the purpose-built durability, reliability and performance of enterprise-class devices. With this solution, our retail employees are able to offer our customers the best service because information about products, orders and prices is available at any time."
Andreas Schöettmer, senior account manager, Retail, Zebra Technologies
"We are glad that Globus selected Zebra and our TC70 touch computer to help drive productivity and service in their stores. With this solution, we enable the Globus retail employees to have access to a complete library of product information at anytime to better serve customer needs and ultimately build loyalty. The TC70 is supported by more than 50 certified applications and can be easily adapted for future requirements. As a result, the potential of current investment can fully be realized.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Media and Industry Analyst Relations Contact
Tel: +33 169 357 714
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.