NEW YORK – NRF 2016 (Booth #1603) - Jan. 18, 2016 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today unveiled new products and solutions that help retailers optimize profitability and increase employee productivity while improving the omnichannel shopping experience. Zebra is introducing two new desktop printers that connect via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to help employees update product pricing, shelf labels and coupons in alignment with the store’s merchandising and pricing strategies. Zebra’s new Price Management Execution solution synchronizes in-store and online pricing, allowing retailers to execute the right price at the right time – providing seamless and competitive prices to in-store shoppers. In addition, the recently announced lightweight, ergonomic TC8000 enterprise mobile computer can help increase the productivity of warehouse workers by an average of 14 percent based on workflow.
The Internet, online shopping and mobile communications have turned traditional retail customers into connected customers who seek consistency and want to deal with “one store” and have “one experience.” To keep shoppers satisfied and earn their loyalty, retailers need to provide consistent messaging, customer service, pricing and availability across every customer touch point – in-store, online and mobile. Expanding on the theme “One Store, One Experience,” Zebra will be demonstrating at the NRF Convention & Expo these new solutions that can help retailers create this environment across digital and physical shopping spaces.
ZD410/ZD420 DESKTOP PRINTERS KEY FACTS
- Zebra introduced the ultra-compact ZD410 2-inch direct thermal printer. Designed for the smallest of work spaces, the ZD410 can be placed conveniently wherever employees need to work and is ideal for printing high-quality labels, receipts, and tags in applications including pharmacy prescription labels, shelf labeling, price markdowns and scale labels.
- Zebra is also exhibiting the ZD420, the first desktop thermal transfer printer with an easy-to-load ribbon cartridge that significantly reduces the time required to load a printer ribbon. The ZD420 – which will be available later this quarter – also provides helpful information to the user including type of ribbon and the amount of ribbon remaining in the cartridge.
- Both printers are Link-OS™-enabled, making them easier for store workers to use and IT to manage. With new status icons, users can instantly identify and rectify printer issues while IT can remotely manage all printers through an easy-to-use, web-based interface. The Virtual Devices application enables the simple replacement of non-Zebra printers.
- Zebra OneCare services are available in three service levels to help maximize the availability and productivity of Zebra printers.
PRICE MANAGEMENT EXECUTION KEY FACTS
- Zebra is also introducing Price Management Execution – an integrated retail enterprise asset intelligence solution with predictive analytics from Revionics, a leading profit optimization company - that will help retailers more efficiently implement price changes and increase in-store productivity and profitability.
- With Zebra’s Price Management Execution solution, companies can quickly adapt pricing strategies and capture 18 to 35 percent of profit opportunities that would otherwise be lost due to labor or execution constraints.
- Price Management Execution uses proven pricing analytics models to increase sales and profit margins.
- The solution provides greater transparency between online and in-store pricing and allows retailers to audit and control when price changes happen, ensuring the price on the shelf is compliant with what is charged at check-out.
- Zebra’s Price Management Execution provides a platform on which other mobile solutions can be built, such as Electronic Shelf Label (ESL) control, customer engagement, in-store pick-up and other omnichannel applications that won’t require companies to rip-and-replace existing infrastructure.
Pat Glennon, vice president, North America Retail and Hospitality, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra is committed to providing innovative mobile solutions that are designed to provide seamless, consistent customer interaction that creates differentiation and competitive advantage for retailers creating a ‘One Store, One Experience’ environment. With the introduction of the new ZD410/ZD420 printers and Price Management Execution solution, Zebra is helping retailers improve associate productivity while delivering the right prices on the right items at the right times - capturing customer interest at key decision-making moments while protecting stores’ profitability.”
Website: NRF 2016
Website: Zebra Technologies
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
ABOUT ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.