MELBOURNE, Australia – Feb. 12, 2018 - Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in mobile computers, scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility solutions, today announced that business solutions provider Winc Australia (rebranded from Staples Australia) has rolled out Zebra’s TC55 touch mobile computers across their Australian driver network.
Winc is one of the largest business solutions providers in Australia, offering fast, free delivery all over the country. It employs a fleet of delivery drivers who handle around 200,000 deliveries a month, shipping one million items.
To ensure reliability and real-time visibility of its operations, Winc upgraded its existing system to Zebra’s rugged TC55 to improve driver productivity and enhance customer experience. These enterprise-grade mobile devices are powered by Android, and Zebra Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partner BluJay Solutions (formerly Blackbay) was responsible for migrating Winc from a Windows-based fleet to the Android platform.
- Winc rolled out 220 of Zebra’s TC55 touch mobile computers across 14 distribution centers across the country. The devices are loaded with a track and trace app provided by BluJay Solutions.
- As a result of the deployment, Winc has increased scanning compliance from approximately 50 percent to 98 percent.
- Overall, the move to Android has saved each Winc driver around 15 minutes per day, which amounts to a savings of approximately 1,200 man-hours every year.
- The TC55 is built to withstand the wear and tear of industrial environments, so it’s less likely to fail in the field, ensuring less downtime, and higher productivity and profitability.
- The intuitive, easy-to-use functionality of the new device and app mean delivery drivers require minimal training to become competent in the new system. In addition, the solution offers more efficient, familiar driver navigation via the Google Maps application, while Wi-Fi connectivity has reduced overall data costs.
- While full-time delivery drivers can reap the benefits of the rugged TC55, Winc is now also able to utilize BYOD (bring your own device) capabilities, especially for its casual or part-time workforce who are able to easily integrate into Winc’s system without the need for additional equipment or training. Operating system and app updates can also be pushed seamlessly to all employees logged onto the system – no matter where they are.
Jeremy Birt, Chief Operating Officer, Winc Australia
“We were looking for a solution that offered better hardware stability to improve scanning for our customers and our drivers. Zebra was our trusted choice after a successful two-decade relationship. The changes in the operating system are seamlessly updated to the devices so the drivers always have the most up-to-date software, regardless of what device they use. We can get a new driver set up and carrying out deliveries quickly, which makes our operation much more flexible. Our drivers love the new system and we plan to expand on a variety of uses for the TC55 beyond deliveries by the end of this year.”
Paul Soong, Regional Director ANZ, BluJay Solutions
“We were excited to be a part of this successful deployment by helping Winc migrate to the Android platform. Tapping onto Zebra’s robust TC55 mobile device, we supplied Winc with the track and trace solutions in our MobileSTAR app, which is easy to set up and use. MobileSTAR’s BYOD provides Winc the added capability to allow casual workers to seamlessly integrate with its delivery system using any device.”
Tom Christodoulou, Regional Director, Australia / New Zealand, Zebra Technologies Asia Pacific
“As a forward-thinking business solutions provider, Winc decided to upgrade its mobile computers to maintain a high-level of service for its customers. We are excited to provide Winc with the best-in-class enterprise mobility solution to enable an increasingly mobile workforce. We are happy to see the company, employees, and its customers benefiting from the real-time visibility that is driving efficiencies and improving customer satisfaction.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
+65 6510 2203
Industry Analyst Contact:
# # #
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.