This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
BEIJING - August 6, 2013 - The words “smart” and “intelligent” are becoming more common today and consequently, hotels are no longer a place just offering a well maintained room or comfortable bed. Diversifying business scope and rapid progress in technological developments is bringing on a new standard of exceptional service expected in the hospitality industry. Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) recently unveiled its “Next Generation Smart Hospitality Solutions” to meet the evolving demands of hospitality clients.
Combining cutting-edge wireless network solutions, mobile terminal devices and digital communication technology, Motorola Solutions’ comprehensive and intelligent solution platform is capable to meet present requirements of the hospitality industry and yet future proof to cater for expansion when needs evolve. Apart from providing high quality ubiquitous internet access, Motorola Solutions also has experience in network management, assurance and security services.
According to a recent study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Motorola Solutions, wireless access is the top customer demand of hotel guests in their rooms and throughout the hotel properties and high-quality Wi-Fi service is one of the top amenities for today’s business and recreational travelers. By expanding the Wi-Fi presence in their properties, hoteliers have an opportunity to satisfy customer demands and differentiate themselves with value-added services.
- The “Next Generation Smart Hospitality Solutions” enables the development of “smart hotels” in three aspects: connect with guests, enable associates and empower IT.
- Connect with guests: as the core of “Next Generation Hospitality Solutions,” the wireless network solutions offered by Motorola Solutions provide a foundational support. With Motorola Solutions WiNG 5 wireless network architecture, hotels can meet network demands required to deliver a dependable, robust and high performance Wi-Fi experience to every guests, on multiple wireless devices, everywhere in the hotel premise and at all times. Simple and convenient access point technology ensures an uninterrupted operation of the hotel which is planning to deploy or upgrade their wireless network.
- Wi-Fi is becoming the key differentiator for hotel properties, as technology continues to enhance the guest experience. According to the study conducted by Forrester Consulting, the average guest is walking in the door with multiple wireless devices. Hotel operators are seeing a huge demand for Wi-Fi service and in many cases that demand is not being effectively met. More than 90 percent of hotel guests surveyed indicated they wanted Wi-Fi in their hotel rooms, not just in common areas and 40 percent of business travelers said they would not stay at a hotel without internet.
- Proximity awareness and analytics solutions can detect guest presence in real time, analyze and act on location information from guests Wi-Fi devices. With presence sensing, powerful data collection and analytic tools, hoteliers can create a personalized experience and further engage with each individual guest who revisits. Proximity awareness can be used to offer a personalized hospitality experience for a guest based on understanding of guest behavior and preferences that results into an increased loyalty and higher per-customer revenue through tailored revenue-building opportunities such as promotions.
- Secure Guest Access helps hoteliers get up to speed with guests’ wireless demands by quickly onboarding guests using their rewards program or social media credential. This makes it simple for guest to connect to HSIA network and also ensures the data and privacy of the customer is not compromised while using hotel high speed internet access.
- Enable associates: Staff communication is critical to guest service. A hotel’s Wi-Fi platform can be a powerful enabler of staff empowerment and guest interaction. The very same wireless communication network used by guests can also be used to increase associate productivity, streamline onsite communications, improve operational efficiency and enable new services. Integrating reliable wireless network that provides complete coverage and steady output quality with radio or digital mobile devices allows associates to communicate across diverse departments from housekeeping, front reception, engineering, guest services to spas and golf courses. This helps create better guest experience by improving responsiveness and meeting the demands of guests.
- Empower IT: A simpler network system and applications that is easy to deploy, install, manage and evolve empowers the hotel IT team to move beyond troubleshooting.
- For hoteliers to stay competitive, they need to look beyond room cost and consider improving their guest wireless experience, according to the study conducted by Forrester Consulting. IT decision-makers are identifying the need to offer guest wireless access as a differentiator for guests in the hotel marketplace. More than half of hotel business decision-makers understand there are multiple facets to guest wireless and its complexity.
- The WiNG5 wireless network architecture and AirDefense Services Platform delivers a new level of wireless network management and assurance. With reduced complexity, hotel IT teams can then focus on understanding the needs of hotel guests to deliver superior services.
Motorola Solutions “Next Generation Smart Hospitality Solutions” has been adopted by many other reputable hotels around the world. Such advanced services and technical concepts are being acknowledged by many hoteliers as effectively promoting guests’ satisfaction, increasing repeat stays and developing brand loyalty.
Michael Jiang, chairman and president, Motorola Solutions (China) Co., Ltd.
“In an age where guest experience is imperative, high quality services not only help hotels to keep their existing guests, but enable revenue-generating services. Motorola Solutions has a wealth of experience within the hospitality industry. For the last 17 years, from our first wireless network designed for hospitality, we have been focused in offering our hospitality clients the best in class communication solutions. The launch of “Next Generation Smart Hospitality Solutions” will further help our hospitality clients optimize communication technology to offer more competitive services and empower them to win in an increasingly competitive market at this mobile age.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.”
To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed.
Tel: 8610- 8473-2399
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC, and may be used only with permission. All other product and service names mentioned in the above article are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Motorola Mobility, Inc.