ATLANTA (MODEX, Motorola Solutions Booth #3527) – March 17, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today introduced the Workabout ProTM 4 rugged mobile computer, one of the industry’s most modular products – enabling businesses to customize the device to meet their mobile workers’ specific needs. The ergonomic Workabout Pro 4 is the only mobile computer with modules capable of reading low frequency (LF), high frequency (HF) and ultra high frequency (UHF) RFID tags. The next generation of the Workabout Pro series offers a unique, flexible design, making it easy for businesses to upgrade almost all key features to the latest technologies by simply changing modules in their own facilities.
- Built for manufacturing, transportation and logistics, warehousing, field service and government environments, the lightweight Workabout Pro 4 mobile computer is ideal for voice picking, proof of delivery, vehicle maintenance and remote expert solutions that can help improve productivity and customer service.
- With its aggressive price point, larger display and long-range scanning option, the Workabout Pro 4 addresses customers’ needs as a new offering between Motorola’s MC3000 and MC9000 families of mobile computers.
- Research shows a substantial Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) benefit for companies that select rugged enterprise-grade devices for line-of-business applications. The modular architecture of the Workabout Pro 4 can further reduce TCO with the ability to upgrade features and extend its life expectancy.
- Businesses can choose the most appropriate data capture technology and voice-enabled applications for their workforces with new scan engine, RFID, camera and voice modules for the Workabout Pro 4.
- The Workabout Pro 4 is backward compatible to existing backroom accessories and a majority of Workabout Pro 3 partner modules, providing additional investment protection for customers.
- Motorola’s Primary Service maximizes the Workabout Pro 4’s performance with easy access, fast repair and expert support. Mobility Lifecycle Management services also are offered to help customers optimize and manage their complex device environments.
Joe White, vice president of Enterprise Mobile Computing, Motorola Solutions
“As business needs change and mobile technologies evolve, Motorola Solutions remains committed to the Workabout Pro series with the Workabout Pro 4’s new features and improved performance. Built on the series’ modular design principles, cost-conscious companies have the flexibility to buy the features they need today and easily add those needed in the future.”
Website: Workabout Pro 4
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.