LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – June 25, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and solutions that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, announced key developer-centric updates to RhoMobile, its enterprise and consumer mobile app development platform. Core to the launch of RhoMobile 5.1 is a focus on supporting more industrial and consumer-facing mobile devices, an expanded set of common application programming interfaces (APIs) to expedite platform app development, and instant live updates onto a device or simulator for immediate app testing. Developers accustomed to RhoMobile’s efficiency in coding one time for deployment across different platforms and iterating rapidly during development will enjoy the new level of streamlined APIs and simplicity that RhoMobile 5.1 provides.
- RhoMobile Suite is a set of development tools for creating data-centric, cross-platform, native mobile applications.
- App development functionality is now available for key devices used in industrial, enterprise, and consumer-facing environments, including the TC70 KK GA1, MC18CE, and WAP4.
- New live update and app simulator capabilities enable developers to immediately push code changes to devices for more efficient testing.
- New common API updates are added for inputting and controlling camera, Zebra device, WP8 barcode, event timer, and USB printing functionalities.
- Deprecation of MPA 1.0 with Webkit; the WinCE 5.0 will remain supported by RhoMobile 5.0 SP3.
Mark Kirstein, senior director, Enterprise Software, Zebra Technologies
“With RhoMobile 5.1, we’re excited to deliver an improved developer experience that simply makes feature-rich enterprise, consumer mobile apps easier to develop. With this launch, we’ve added support for new devices critical to use in industrial and retail scenarios. The addition of new common APIs means that developers looking to leverage functionality on a specific mobile platform no longer need to consider which API is used for which, because we’ve added a single, all-capable option. With live updates, developers who previously may have waited 15 minutes each time code was updated to a device for testing can now push those changes automatically and see the impact of those code changes immediately. We’re glad to provide these new capabilities, and eager to see developers put them to work to create game-changing apps.”
Download full PDF
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.