LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – March 18, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and solutions that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced that Digital Defence, a data encryption solution provider, has created a software developer kit (SDK) for RhoMobile to make protecting mobile applications more developer-friendly while meeting the additional level of security required by the FIPS 140-2 standard. Digital Defence’s new RhoMobile SDK provides a cross-platform encryption extension to RhoMobile Suite that is available to RhoMobile developers through an annual license.
- RhoMobile Suite is a set of development tools for creating data-centric, cross-platform, native mobile applications.
- The high-security SDK is based on a FIPS 140-2 certified encryption module, which is necessary for applications developed for government use.
- With the SDK, independent software vendors (ISVs) developing solutions using the secure RhoMobile app development framework can efficiently provide encryption key management, generation, and storage within their applications and build solutions that work on any operating system or device.
- File and string encryption allow developers to choose to encrypt only the sensitive data before writing it to the standard RhoMobile database.
- Zebra acquired Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business – including RhoMobile - in October 2014.
Mark Kirstein, senior director, Enterprise Software, Zebra Technologies
“As costly data breaches on mobile devices continue to make headlines, the need to effectively develop secure applications becomes critical for businesses, government agencies and healthcare organizations. The Digital Defence RhoMobile SDK combines encryption and authentication security with the latest enterprise app development tools for a truly integrated mobile solution that will enable developers to write their enterprise-class apps once and run them anywhere.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.