LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – June 8, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provides visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced the launch of Zebra OneCare, a portfolio of support services that maximize the uptime and availability of Zebra mobile computers, printers, bar code scanners, RFID devices and wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure. The new flexible offering enables partners to grow revenue and expand relevance with end customers. Zebra also introduced the Operational Visibility Service (OVS), a new managed service that provides a platform and dashboard for at-a-glance visibility into Zebra mobile device asset performance and operational business performance.
OVS KEY FACTS
- OVS is built on Zebra’s Asset Visibility Platform—a cloud-based management and integration platform purpose-built for the management and control of business-critical assets. The platform enables visibility and deep, device-level control of assets to capture the data and provide the analytics that enable enterprise asset intelligence.
- The OVS Operational Dashboard delivers the data, analytics and visibility required to optimize investments, increase efficiencies and enhance the customer experience. In addition to the devices in operation, the OVS Operational Dashboard provides real-time updates on the status of devices as they move through the repair workflow.
- OVS provides actionable insight into device health, location, utilization, operational trends and services to help businesses achieve maximum productivity and business performance.
- Zebra’s OVS can also help companies reduce support costs and maximize worker productivity through increased device utilization and decreased mobile device downtime.
- OVS was designed to complement Zebra partner service capabilities - enabling partners to resell and rebrand OVS and recognize additional revenue opportunities while deepening customer relationships.
OneCare KEY FACTS
- Zebra OneCare offers global support to help streamline business processes, improve operational efficiencies, and drive down the cost of doing business.
- Three different service levels were designed to give organizations the level of service that best meets their business needs and budget.
- Zebra OneCare Essential provides basic assurance through comprehensive coverage, technical support, device diagnostics and 3-day turnaround time on repairs.
- Zebra OneCare Select offers around-the-clock availability and visibility through services that include online dashboards, 24x7 support and same-day shipment of pre-configured, replacement devices that are ready to use on arrival.
- Through the Premier level of service, Zebra and its channel partners collaborate to meet the needs of customers whose requirements go beyond a defined Service package. Premier services include customized dashboards, advanced diagnostics, third party software support and support from a dedicated helpdesk.
- All Zebra OneCare service levels include a Device Diagnostic Tool to help rapidly resolve device issues remotely and a service dashboard that provides visibility into the status of all devices in the repair cycle. An online learning tool and a Zebra Learning Consultant is also included to help create a curriculum to address identified knowledge gaps and ensure a rapid adoption of Zebra solutions.
- With Zebra OneCare, business partners can recognize new and renewable revenue streams with little to no investment required.
Loic Droulers, sales director, Norcod
“Norcod will be deploying Zebra’s Operational Visibility Service to its first client in France later this month. OVS’ precise dashboards can help anticipate IT systems maintenance and maximize the productivity of mobile workers. For example, the dashboards can warn when a battery bank requires replacement before batteries run down helping our customers with preventative maintenance.”
Greg Billings, vice president, Global Sales and Services, Zebra Technologies
“Together with our partners, we listened carefully to our customers who have an increasing desire to see, measure and take actions that drive a higher return on investment (ROI) from their mobility investments and the operations they serve. The launch of Zebra OneCare will help businesses increase the productivity of their mobile technology while Operational Visibility Service will enable Zebra and its partners to not only see asset intelligence while deployed in the field but also provide transparent and high value digital services seamlessly between customers’ operations and Zebra’s Service Operations.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces.
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.