MOSCOW-Nov. 23, 2015 – Severstal, one of the world's largest vertically integrated mining and steel companies, has implemented a comprehensive solution to improve its quality assurance in repair and maintenance of plant assets with the help of Zebra Technologies' (NASDAQ: ZBRA) MC75 HF and TC70 mobile computers. As of today, the project spans across Severstal's facilities in Cherepovets, St. Petersburg and Balakovo, with 3,000 users.
Severstal needed to reduce the work time of technical experts in its factories, while simultaneously increasing the effectiveness of fault monitoring and swift issue response. Zebra’s enterprise-class mobile computers, which are designed to operate in industrial facilities, meet the level of performance and reliability required by Severstal. After the successful completion of the pilot phase using 50 MC75 HF mobile computers, the amount of equipment downtime caused by poor maintenance was reduced in many cases by several times. As a result, the project was scaled up, and over 1000 TC70 units were implemented.
Furthermore, mobile device deployment has reduced the amount of time spent working on auxiliary IT systems: workflows are optimized, performance discipline heightened and the quality of data needed to analyze the efficiency of maintenance and repairs has improved, even as the volume increases.
- The project was integrated by SAP, who developed a comprehensive solution combining the specially designed repair and maintenance management software with the hardware platform provided by Zebra's MC75 HF and Zebra’s TC70 mobile computers.
- MC75 HF and TC70 meet the high requirements expected of mobile terminals used in Severstal's industrial processes, such as the ability to operate under a wide range of temperatures (-20 to +50 Celsius), sealed housing, good shock resistance and the ability to withstand multiple drops.
- Using Zebra’s technology, a technician scans the RFID tags and receives an assignment, transmitted automatically and displayed on the device's screen. After the repair is completed, the technician sends back a report about the work completed.
- Zebra's rugged mobile computers are used by technicians for repair and maintenance execution efforts: from receiving an assignment, to status control, including gathering the metrics required to assess equipment’s reliability.
- Project scale expansion is due to be fully completed in Q4 2015.
Smirnov Pavel, senior manager, Severstal
“With Zebra's solution, we gain access to the latest technology in asset data management, and we achieve improved efficiency in our business processes related to equipment maintenance. We are able to significantly automate planning, distribution and control of equipment repair and maintenance assignments to ensure effective implementation of our business strategy in mobile repairs and asset reliability.”
Bhaskar Bagchi, country manager, Enterprise Business, Russia, Zebra Technologies
“Mobile solutions implemented at industrial facilities help ensure continuous processes and open new opportunities in terms of how the data related to production asset condition is processed. Meeting the latest industrial standards, Zebra's devices ensure maximum efficiency of repairs and enable companies to promptly solve their ongoing maintenance issues.”
Download the PDF
About PJSC Severstal
PJSC "Severstal" is one of the world's largest vertically integrated steel and mining companies with assets in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Poland, Italy and Liberia. The company's shares are listed on the Russian trading floors MICEX-RTS, global depositary receipts on the London Stock Exchange. In 2014, revenues amounted to $ 8,296,000, EBITDA was $ 2.203 million. In 2014, it was produced 11.3 mln. Tons of steel (excluding enterprises Severstal North America).Company details http://www.severstal.com/rus/index.phtml
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
+33 607 956 184
Phone: +7 (495) 937-31-70 #216
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.