LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – July 19, 2016 – access points (APs) offering greater network performance, stronger customer engagement and Internet of Things (IoT) support for organizations in industries including retail, hospitality, healthcare, transportation and logistics, and manufacturing. By embedding dedicated sensors that collect data across the entire expanse of the network, the new enterprise-class AP8432 and AP8533 access points offer "Visibility that’s Visionary,” delivering actionable insights and secure connections in a cost-effective way.
- With 802.11ac Wave 2 APs from Zebra, enterprises can deliver a dramatically higher density network with the sensors needed to measure, monitor and secure each connection.
- The AP8432 and AP8533 includes Zebra’s Triple Sensor Technology which can automatically ward off RF interference and security risks, push relevant contextual offers and services to consumers and provide strategic-shaping analytics.
- Zebra’s Triple Sensor Technology is comprised of three integrated powerful sensors – a dedicated network sensor, Bluetooth® sensor and RF spectrum sensor – that can optimize security, customer engagement and network performance. Unlike other sensors that can only scan part-time, the dedicated, dual-band 802.11ac sensor continuously scans for rogue devices.
- The AP8432 features built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE-out), enabling it to connect to IP video cameras, wireless temperature sensors or any other third-party IoT network.
- Both the AP8432 and AP8533 are integrated with Zebra’s WiNG5 intelligent distributed architecture, and future support for Zebra’s Azara Cloud networking solution will offer unparalleled scalability and ease of deployment.
- Zebra support services are available to ensure every phase of the WLAN lifecycle is optimized from planning and implementation to post-deployment.
Imran Akbar, Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Zebra Technologies
“Networks are facing constantly increasing demand to support more mobile devices and applications. At the same time, businesses are looking for technology solutions that can bring them closer to their customers and personalize experiences while keeping information and data secure from existing and emerging threat vectors. Zebra’s new 802.11ac Wave 2 access points do all of this while reducing costs and complexity for our customers.”
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Industry Analyst Contact:
# # #
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.