BOURNE END – Jan. 18, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced that POST Luxembourg’s mail and parcel delivery workers are now making their rounds equipped with powerful TC75X touch mobile computers.
POST Luxembourg’s field workforce for mail and parcel delivery will be able to work more efficiently and serve customers better through a device that offers improved communication, reliability and access to crucial information in real time. POST Luxembourg is also taking advantage of the device’s powerful onboard processor and operating system to develop new apps and services to enhance customer service and consumer satisfaction.
- The TC75X was chosen by POST Luxembourg following a rigorous tender process in 2017 during which the device was evaluated against a wide range of essential criteria. These included: retaining perfect function after concrete drop tests and exposure to extreme temperatures, long range connectivity, and superior comfort and user experience for both left- and right-handed postal workers.
- The mail and parcel field workforce benefit from more productive shifts with a device which offers a longer battery life, a clear interface on a large screen, an ergonomic design and a wide range of useful accessories such as a durable charging cradle. All these features were reported as improvements on the service’s existing technology.
- The TC75X offers superior security and reliability through LifeGuard™ for Android™, a software security solution that extends the life of Zebra enterprise mobile computers. The agreement includes a three-year Zebra OneCare™ Support package, covering repairs and replacements of the TC75Xs to maximize uptime of its fleet of mobile computers.
- POST Luxembourg will use the TC75X to run all new software, developed in partnership with Atos Luxembourg PSF & NEOFACTO Luxembourg S.A., to give workers better, faster and more intuitive means to track and deliver packages.
- Zebra worked closely with its trusted business partner RMS.LU SA in developing its tender to equip POST Luxembourg, which set ambitious targets for both function and longevity, and benefited greatly from RMS.LU’s deep understanding of the organisation’s specific needs.
Romain Mousel, Business IT, POST Luxembourg
“Our biggest priority when looking to upgrade our mobile computers was ensuring our field teams were given the technology they needed to perform their jobs efficiently. The TC75 emerged from our testing process as the most suited to our needs today, but also impressed us with its potential for the future. As we continue to expand the services we offer to our wide range of customers, we look forward to exploring new ways these devices can support our remote workforce.”
Casper Zweers, Sales Director Benelux, Zebra Technologies
“Mobile workers across Europe face an ever-growing need for trustworthy and fit-for-purpose devices which allow them to work as efficiently as possible. We look forward to helping POST Luxembourg unlock even more uses and features through our solutions, which create new opportunities to enhance the customer experience.”
ABOUT POST LUXEMBOURG GROUP
POST Luxembourg operates postal, financial and telecom services. POST is the leader in Luxembourg in postal and telecom services. Beside its telecom activities, the Group POST Luxembourg aims to consolidate its position as leader in the postal services and develop its logistic and e-commerce related platforms.
Created in 1842, POST Luxembourg is backed by the Luxembourgish State and plays a key role in the national economy. The Group POST Luxembourg, with its 22 subsidiaries and more than 4,300-member workforce, is the main employer in Luxembourg. More information on: www.postgroup.lu and www.post.lu.
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
+33 (0) 620 992 425
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.